Authentically Human! Not Written by AI!
All Content Copyright © Michael Chesley Johnson AIS PSA MPAC

Wednesday, January 4, 2006

Sometimes You Just Have to Call It a Day

Sometimes you just have to call it a day. I've been doing web design for the last three days, trying to finish up a project before heading off to Tubac, Arizona, to teach a pastel painting workshop. (I know -- it's still over a week away, but when you do web design, you have to leave time for client feedback and "tweaks"!) But today the weather was so gorgeous, I just had to get out. So, I grabbed the pastels and went to our labyrinth.

The labyrinth has a gorgeous view of Jeffries Peak and the southern ridge of the Sacramento Mountains, but I didn't paint that. Instead, I painted our garden bench, glowing in the shadows with reflected sunlight. (It's also over in "The Weekly Painting". I make my work do double-duty!)

"Garden Bench," pastel, 9x12