Authentically Human! Not Written by AI!
All Content Copyright © Michael Chesley Johnson AIS PSA MPAC

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Foggy Day Painting

We don't often have fog this late in the Maritimes, but we seem to be having it this year. When fog strikes and you're teaching an outdoor painting workshop, you have to be on your toes for paintable scenes. Although fog is pretty to see and I certainly have done my share of painting it, for the student it's best to avoid fog scenes. I prefer to steer my students in for close-ups. Close-ups, because they don't have hundreds of feet of fog between you and the subject, often have rich color.

Here's an oil demonstration I did today of an old boat nestled in the wild roses. For extra rich color, I used Thalo Red Rose for the roses.

"Laid to Rest"
9x12, oil, en plein air
SOLD

Detail: