Authentically Human! Not Written by AI!
All Content Copyright © Michael Chesley Johnson AIS PSA MPAC

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Plein Air Southwest - Exhibit Paintings

"Hillside Town" 9x12, oil

"Mitten Ridge with Snow" 12x16, oil

"Undercut" 9x12, oil

Above you can see the three paintings I'll be putting in the Plein Air Southwest exhibition.  All three of them have snow - not something you'd expect in the Southwest, but as you can see, it does happen.  I always have enjoyed painting snow here, as it livens up the sometimes-dull color of winter.  I wonder how many other snow paintings will be in the show?

If you're in the Dallas area, I hope you stop by to see my work.  They'll be available to view (and purchase!) at Southwest Gallery starting April 8th. Here are details on the show:

April 8-30, 2011
Opening Reception April 9, 6-9 pm
Southwest Gallery, 4500 Sigma Road, Dallas TX 75244
 800-272-9910 / sales@swgallery.com