Authentically Human! Not Written by AI!
All Content Copyright © Michael Chesley Johnson AIS PSA MPAC

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Upcoming Shows - Sedona Arts Center, Phippen Museum of Western Art, Kolb Studio Grand Canyon, Sedona Library

A Day in Jerome, 9x12 oil, en plein air
At the Sedona Arts Center

Hippie Bus in Winter, 9x12 oil, en plein air
At the Sedona Arts Center

I have several shows coming up plus some gallery news for everyone.  Read on!

First, the Sedona Arts Center's Annual Members' Juried Show starts Friday, March 7th.  I'm proud to say that two of my paintings have been juried in under the "professional" category.  (The paintings are at the top of this post.)  The show runs March 7th through April 1st with an opening reception on Friday, March 7th, from 5-7 pm.  I'm sad to say I won't be able to attend the reception, but I do hope that you will stop by and see my work there.

Slide Rock Apple Barn, 12x16 oil
At the Phippen Museum of Western Art

Hillside Town (Jerome AZ), 9x12, oil, en plein air
At the Phippen Museum of Western Art

Second, two of my paintings have been curated into the Phippen Museum of Western Art's "Architecture in Art" exhibition.  It's a real honor to be invited to show at the Phippen.  I'm looking forward to meeting the other artists and guests at the opening reception, which is Friday, March 7th, from 5:30-7:30 pm.  (Free for members; $10 for the public.)  I will be on-hand for this one, so I hope you'll come out to Prescott to visit.  The exhibition runs from March 8th to July 13th.

Third, one of my paintings from last year's Verde River Artists Challenge fund-raiser will be on display along with works from the other artists at the Sedona Public Library.  The work is also up for auction.  The opening for this worthwhile event is Friday evening, March 7th, from 5:30-7:30.  Obviously, I won't be able to be at this one, either, but I hope you'll consider visiting the exhibition.

Cottonwood Shadows, 9x12 oil
At Sedona Library
Auction starts at $375!

Finally, as part of the Grand Canyon Association's ongoing promotion of the annual "Celebration of Art" plein air painting event, the GCA has invited me to put work in their store/gallery at the Kolb Studio.  These are small framed pieces that will be for sale until the the big painting event this September.  Below is one of the paintings I've sent in.  If you're up at Grand Canyon, it's easy to get distracted by the scenery, so please remember to visit the Kolb Studio!

Canyon Space, 6x6, oil
At the Kolb Studio - Grand Canyon Association - Grand Canyon National Park