Authentically Human! Not Written by AI!
All Content Copyright © Michael Chesley Johnson AIS PSA MPAC

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Upcoming Plein Air Painting Workshops - Sedona, and then Heading to Points East

Creek  Sycamore - 9x12 pastel
Available - $150 - Click here to purchase

I just finished up another great workshop this week with one student from Arizona and two from Washington State.  (The four paintings accompanying this post are my demonstrations for the week.)  I'm a little surprised that more painters from the snow-battered north aren't coming down to Sedona for my workshops; but maybe they are so snowed in they can't escape.  If you are buried in snow and can manage to dig your way out to the airport, I'd love to have you for one of my remaining Sedona weeks.  Here's what I have to offer.

March 4-7, 2014Advanced/Retreat - Sign Up Here - 2 Spots LeftIntermediate-Advanced
March 18-21, 2014All-Level - Sign Up Here - 3 spots leftAll Levels
March 25-28, 2014All-Level - Sign Up Here - 1 spot leftAll Levels
April 8-11, 2014Advanced/Retreat - Sign Up Here - 1 spot left
Lodging Available This Week! $50/person/day
Students can lodge together in the studio for a true immersion experience!
Intermediate-Advanced

It'd be great to get one more for the March 18th week, as I have just one student then.  Also, I'd love to fill that last spot in the April 8th week.  We've got one spot left for lodging at a truly great rate for Sedona during that week.  For full details, visit www.PaintSedona.com.

Mountain Ridge - oil, 9x12
Available - $150 - Click here to purchase

After my workshops in Sedona end, I'll be traveling for workshops to Batavia, Illinois; Valparaiso, Indiana; and Toledo, Ohio.  I still have space in these workshops, so if you are near one of these locations, I'd love to see you!  Here are details on these workshops:

May 2-3, 2014: Batavia, Illionis
Two-day (Friday-Saturday) workshop painting en plein air from Water Street Studios. Oil & Pastel. All levels.
Price: $200 Members, $240 Non-Members
Contact: Water Street Studios, www.waterstreetstudios.com, 630-761-9977info@waterstreetstudios.com

May 5-6, 2014: Valparaiso, Indiana
Two-day (Monday-Tuesday) workshop at the Art Barn in Valparaiso.All media, all levels.. Includes lunch.
Price: $215 (includes lunch!)
Contact: The Art Barn School of Art, ArtBarnIN@AOL.com, 219-462-9009, www.artbarnin.com

May 8-9, 2014: Toledo, Ohio
Two-day (Thursday-Friday) workshop for the Toledo Artist Club. All media, all levels.
Price: $150

Cottonwood Spring - 9x12, pastel
SOLD
After Toledo, I'll be spending several days in Cincinnati shooting three new videos for ArtistsNetwork.tv.  I'm very excited about that, as I'll have a professional crew working with me.  Each video will be about an hour long and will be available, as are my other two videos, through ArtistsNetwork.tv.

Cottonwood & Ditch - oil, 12x9
Available - $150 - Click here to purchase