Authentically Human! Not Written by AI!
All Content Copyright © Michael Chesley Johnson AIS PSA MPAC

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Upcoming Introduction to Pastel Class in November


I don't teach my Introduction to Pastel workshop very often, but I have scheduled a three-Saturday workshop for November 15, November 22, and December 13 in Sedona, Arizona, at Gandolfo Studios.  If you are in the Sedona or Verde Valley area this fall, here's your chance!  We'll be covering pastel basics, starting with materials (paper and pastels) and moving on to a variety of techniques to get the most out of pastels.  In the studio, we'll work initially from photos and move on to the still life.  Weather and time permitting, we  may go out to do a little plein air painting. Cost of the workshop, which runs 1-5 on Saturdays, is $200.  For more information or to register, contact me at mcj.painter@gmail.com.

Pastel is the medium that got me back into painting.  When I picked up my first pastel stick, it was like seeing for the first time.  Pastel is an immediate and tactile medium, and each stick is filled with luscious color.  It's a perfect cross-over medium from drawing to painting, so if you've always drawn but have never painted, you'll be a natural!