Authentically Human! Not Written by AI!
All Content Copyright © Michael Chesley Johnson AIS PSA MPAC

Monday, April 6, 2015

A Look Back at this Past Season in Sedona: Plein Air Painting Workshops & More

Our time here in Sedona is just about up.  I have one more plein air painting workshop to teach before we pack up the house and head back to Campobello Island.  I thought I'd share with you some images from this past season in Sedona.  (By the way, I'm already taking signups for the October 2015-April 2016 Paint Sedona season.)  Enjoy!

The season started off with the Sedona Plein Air Festival...
(photo courtesy Kelli Klymenko)

...where I sold my big painting of the Alcantara Vineyard right off the easel.
The Handells (Albert and Jeanine) came to town...

...and Albert Handell taught a fantastic workshop.
I went on a couple of overnight painting trips with my friend, M.L. Coleman.
My plein air painting group had at least one paint-out a month in beautiful spot.
I had a one-man show in Sedona City Hall...

...and Her Honor, the Mayor, got to enjoy a few pieces in her office.
I sold another large piece to a happy collector.
I taught a four-day pastel-only, studio-only workshop that went so well I'm doing it again next year.
And, of course, I taught many outdoor workshops.  

I got to meet a lot of new people and make a lot of new friends!