Authentically Human! Not Written by AI!
All Content Copyright © Michael Chesley Johnson AIS PSA MPAC

Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Plein Air Painting Workshop in Acadia National Park


We're now on Mount Desert Island, home to Bar Harbor, Acadia National Park and countless lobsters.  My plein air painting workshop, based at Acadia Workshop Center in Bernard, Maine, started yesterday.   The weather has been wonderful, and it looks like it'll stay that way for most of the week.  Clear skies, highs in the sixties, a gentle breeze—it doesn't get much better than that.

I'll post more on the workshop later this week, but for now, I offer a few random photos from the last few days.

I've been taking a lot of photos.  We got here a few days early so I could continue to gather reference material for a series of` paintings I'll be making to celebrate Acadia National Park's 100th birthday.  Coincidentally, next year is also the 100th birthday of the National Park Service.  The parks have had a huge influence on my development as a painter, so I will be pleased to take part in celebrating these two birthdays in 2016.  I will announce later this year what form my project will take, so make sure you look for posts on that in my blog.