Authentically Human! Not Written by AI!
All Content Copyright © Michael Chesley Johnson AIS PSA MPAC

Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Michigan Plein Air Painting Workshop May 7-9, 2018


What could be more enjoyable than taking a plein air painting workshop on a 230-acre farm in the springtime? I'll be teaching at just such a place this spring, and I hope you'll join me.

The Franciscan Life Process Center, located in rural Lowell, Michigan, is hosting the workshop.  On-site lodging is available, which means you can maximize your time learning and painting in this beautiful location.   We'll have all day to learn or refresh our understanding of outdoor painting fundamentals; to be enlightened by demonstrations and critiques; and to join in some fine companionship.




My goal in this workshop is to show you how to "capture the moment" without sacrificing mood and magic.  Demonstrating in oil and/or pastel, I'll show you what I call my Best Guess approach.  Rather than worrying about getting color and value right with the first brush stroke, you can make your best guess, knowing that in the next step you can adjust it easily.  Believe me, this takes off a lot of the pressure one feels when painting outdoors!





All levels and all media are welcome at this workshop, which runs from May 7-9, 2018.  You can find out more details and sign up here:

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/michael-chesley-johnson-oil-and-pastel-plein-air-painting-workshop-tickets-21558543183


I've included a few photos from the farm to whet your appetite. Enjoy!